Grants & Scholarhips
Start off your next school year right with a mini-grant from Kansas Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom. Use this grant to purchase the resources necessary to execute agriculture-based lesson plans in your classroom. Winning classrooms will be featured on the Kansas Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom website and on social media.
- First-year teacher, a teacher in a new position, or a new project
- Include at least one KFAC lesson plan or National Agriculture in the Classroom lesson plan
- 30 points Narrative – description of the project, max 500 words
- 10 points Budget - description of how funds will be used
- 10 points Writing mechanics/completion
- Up to $500 for purchasing supplies related to agricultural lesson plans
- Purchases may include but are not limited to garden equipment, supplies for hands-on activities, books, lab supplies
- July 31, 2022 Application due
- Winners will be notified via email. The list of winners will be available through the KFAC website and social media in late August. Winners will receive a check in the mail for 50% of the grant.
- The balance of the grant will be awarded upon receipt of the grant report. The report can be submitted at any time during the Fall 2022 semester. The last day to submit the grant activity report is Dec. 31, 2022.
- Photos and activity reports will become the property of KFAC and may be used in marketing activities. Please provide photos of your classroom activities related to the grant. If you do not have permission to include the faces of students in your photos, please consider that when you select your photos. All photos become the property of KFAC and may be used for marketing purposes.
Sponsored by Kansas Department of Agriculture